Thread: Post-Game Talk: NYR/PIT 3/4 aint bad...
View Single Post
04-07-2013, 10:04 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i'm tired of this excuse. the rangers get pushed around and don't fight back because of the game situation. it just leads to more garbage.
sure, in any particular instance, it's the 'wise' thing to leave it to the refs. and that's fine, too. but, it has gone too far, the rangers need to play tougher and i would certainly give up a game here or there to really set the record straight. the first and last time in recent memory was rupp beating-down the guy on florida. i wish it werent so rare. and yelling and banging sticks on the ice and pushing the creep on his shoulder does not constitute deterrence.
an immediate, clean, smackdown does. it costs two extra minutes and sets a good precedent. i really don't care when they do it, they just have to do it. and start now.
Sorry down 1-0 with under 10 to go when you're fighting for a playoff spot is not the time to make a statement. They put themselves in that position by their poor performance this season. You can afford to give up a game when you have solid playoff position.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote