View Single Post
04-07-2013, 09:28 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Prust also went from being an extra forward scoring single digit point totals to a valuable bottom 6 piece under Torts.

I can't agree with "bottom 10 if not 5 among 30 coaches" at all. He's not top 5 by any means, but come on. Last year his team had 109 points, was second in the league in point percentage, 11th in goals/game and third in goals against/game. Yeah, Hank was in god mode, but he wasn't scoring goals and he had a smart, hard-working team defense in front of him. As much as people love to push last year off as the aberration - last year was a normal season and this year is a last minute bastardized season. This year is an aberration by definition. I don't mean to imply that this team is a 109 point, ECF team from now on, becuase that remeains to be proven and/or seen, but this season is the weird one. Last year, this coach crafted a gameplan that fit his roster perfectly and a lot of players (Hank, Gaborik, Callahan most notably) had the best seasons of their careers in that system. That's not bottom 5 coaching.
Yeah, and Boyle also established himself under Torts.

But that is basically the key there, verge players that become full-timers are bound to score a little more.

We are in year 9 of our rebuild. We have assets to be a contender. I was certainly not always that impressed with how we played last season, but Hank was fantastic.