View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Ive asked this question multiple times and it keeps getting ignored.
What is the Ducks record when Beleskey and 1 of Maroon or Staubitz is in the lineup?
AKA a tough 4th line
Heres a hint ITS GOOD
It clearly shows this team is just as effective with a proper 4th line and it destroys any argument by anti fighting posters like joeman etc that the success of this team has nothing to do with bb soft philosophy but the best 1st line in the league and good goaltending
I'll answer this, being a poster who is firmly in your camp. That comparison isn't all that helpful, since the team's record is good regardless. The Ducks are not an easy team to beat on any given night.

That said, the easiest way to beat them is to beat them up, because they don't have an effective response for it. The majority of their skill players are vulnerable to physical play. Yes, Perry and Getzlaf will answer, eventually. Yes, it is to Etem's credit that he responded to Palmieri's hit. To me, that's not an effective response. Skill players fighting is a measure of that player's personal fortitude, not of a team's overall toughness. If a skill player responds that way, great. If a skill player HAS to respond that way because the team is being run, that's bad. That's an overall roster weakness. That's a weakness this roster has.

Boudreau's teams win a lot; I don't really blame him for ignoring it. Personally, I don't think it can work for a team trying to come out of the west.

Spicy Porkins is online now   Reply With Quote