View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 11:02 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Don't get me wrong, I want the best performer to play. And of course, if he looks like crap today, well, Allen moves ahead of him.

As far as regression to the mean, yeah I understand that line of thinking, but what I don't understand is how anyone could watch what we watched last year and utterly dismiss it like it never happened. "The mean" of how a young goalie struggled in the NHL at age 24/25 for other teams in other situations isn't that persuasive to me, to be honest. It's a data point but it's not as important as when a goalie starts getting into his late 20s early 30s. Confidence is the key for goalies, and confidence and personal maturity are interrelated. This is why it's so absurd to draft a goalie in the first round when he's 18.

The guy was truly All-Star level last year for our favorite team. He struggles out of the gate without having played during the lockout and a venting hatred with an edge gets directed his way. Crazy. The guy clearly has talent, just as Halak and Allen have talent.