View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I don't recall any reports of expected return beyond LeBrun mentioning when the rumor mill was active about Ryan that the Ducks wanted a high-end prospect and young NHL forward. Most were wondering, given Anaheim's need for a 2nd line center at the time, if that meant Ennis....and of course doubts Regier would have been willing to give him up after the late-season hot streak Ennis had.

Anyway, if I were GM and Murray offered me Ryan, I'd make anyone on the roster or organizational depth chart available, including Myers. Ryan's a proven scorer, with size, speed and still only 25. He'd definitely be a crucial core piece for any rebuild IMO.
I agree. I'd pay dearly to get him here- he's already a consistent and elite scorer, and still young enough to be a part of the new core going forward. I'd offer Stafford, Grigorenko, Adam and MIN's 1st with little hesitation, especially if we land another high-end center prospect (Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan) since it would negate the sting of losing Grigs.

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote