View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
There's nothing wrong with his wrist, he just came from a full KHL season. There he had 13 goals and 19 assists in 51 games. During his last stint with the Rangers in the 10-11 season he only had 6 goals in 42 games, but he also had 17 assists.

Dont expect him to score a lot, he says the most important for him is to be part of a play and create scoring chances. But I agree, he should shoot more instead of just passing to others for them to finish. Goals count when it comes to personal success, a lot of hard work but few goals will not be noticed that much for a forward.
I think he is scheduled for a wrist operation this off-season, so it can't be perfect. Concerning his KHL production I don't think it is representative as he was both injury plagued and Metallurg was gambling hard on the lock-out to last all season, playing Malkin, (Kulemin and Mozyakin) half an hour in every game including pp without Zuke. When he finaly got top minutes in the play off, the whole team sucked. If he gets chances like now in a line with chemistry and a sniper or two besides him, I bet he can become close to a ppg player in the NHL.