View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 01:32 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
I have a terrible feeling the Leafs will sign him this summer to some awful contract and he'll be the next Connolly/Komisarek in Toronto. Watch him get 5x5 or something brutal like that.

Realistically, i would offer $3 million, $3.5 absolute max and anything more i dont want him.
I have had this feeling all year. His signing has all the makings of a Mike Komisarek type scenario.

I posted this in February and I still feel the exact same way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
David Clarkson just seems like the type of player who is putting up unsustainable numbers. He jumps from 12G-18pts -20 in 82gp in 10/11 to 30G-46pts in 11/12. This year he's off to another hot start scoring at a 43G pace over 19gp. On the other hand, he's physical, can play both RW and C and is in the prime of his career. However, his production in the postseason was incredibly overwhelming and I believe paying him 5M on a long term contract would be a huge mistake.

I believe he should repay the Devils organization for showing patience in developing him with a sweetheart Alexandre Burrows type deal (albeit a little more than a 4year, 8M contract..).
I'd also like to add that his hot scoring pace to start the season cooled off substantially. He scored something like 3 goals since that 19 game stretch and now he's on pace for only 28G (as opposed to 43G).

I am begging the Toronto Maple Leafs organization to not sign David Clarkson. It just won't work out.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote