View Single Post
04-07-2013, 02:16 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93
vCash: 200
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post

Zhamnov was a 2nd-team all-star and one of the ten best forwards in the league in 94-95, and his season the next year was not much below that level. I'd rank Yzerman close maybe, but Shanahan no way.
And Yzerman was a 2nd team all star in 2000. Shanahan was probably the leagues best power forward at that point. He was better than Zhamnov.

He also played a primarily defensive game. And linemates do matter. If a shooter like Selanne is playing with a highly skilled playmaker like Kariya, Housley, or Zhamnov; that's likely to improve his output over what it would be if he were stuck playing with a couple of third line grinders.
Line mates matter but not in the way you're looking at it. You're penalizing Selanne for being an elite winger pretty much. All great players have played with great players. What is your point? Selanne played with good players so we should take points away from him? I could make the same argument for Selanne on the other end. He wasn't as good defensively and Fedorov because he didnt get to play with great defensive players. Or I could say Fedorov didn't have to face top defensive pairs. It's a two way street.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote