View Single Post
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
In Bob We Trust
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Don't go there because your argument is simply stupid.

Tie Domi was 5'10 and one of the toughest guys in the league. Brown, Tootoo and Konopka are not heavyweights, they are middleweights. Selanne is the size of those guys, does that make him a tough guy? That's just stupid.

Steve McKenna was what 6'7 and still sucked as a tough guy, Antti Aalto was 6'3 and softer than butter.
No one has given me examples of how we've been beaten because of physical play yet this season is my point. If we were than I would agree with your whole point but it's not the case and you still haven't given proof why my point is stupid.

Those players are the tough guys of this conference, plain and simple. The towering giants who can mess a dude up just don't exist anymore. Prove me wrong please.

You're 100% missing the point.

This team could be even better if they had more toughness. Like I said, nobody's calling for full goon squad, some people (like me) just would like to see players play the game harder AND with more truculence (yeah, quoting Brian Burke).

What you seem to totally miss is that Ducks could play more physical without being any worse.
That's just where we will have to agree to disagree. Like I just told Dirk, if we could ice such a team without sacrificing skill and chemistry to this squad than great. I just don't think it's possible or necessary. It's a moot point anyway since the deadline has passed and what we have is what we've got.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote