Thread: Derick Brassard
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
gocbj

vCash: 500
I know Brassard pretty well. A few of things: Yes, his shoulders have hurt him a lot. He admits it privately. He is not very emotionally strong. Hitchcock got on him a little bit and he went in the tank. If Torts even starts to get on him a little bit, trust me, Brassard will puke. He has natural talent but will start squeezing the stick with any adversity and then he is bad. You will see it - everything he does will be about 1/4 step behind. He will over-think and then not let natural talent and instinct run their course. He would be the best guy ever for a pickup game. With no pressure, I am sincere when I say he could be an all-star. Seriously, climb off the plane and lace them up...he didn't know what was going on and he has 4 points. That's Brass naturally. Unfortunately, "no pressure" is impossible - especially in New York with your coach. He does like Nash a lot and hopefully Nash can protect him. He does like attention and is cocky but please, to the coaching staff - don't yell at him. The more he learns the system, the worse he will get because he wants to be perfect and he wants to make the coach happy - - all of that causes him to be 1/4 step behind - every pass, every shot, every move is just a little late causing him to be a 15/25 guy instead of a 25 / 45 guy which he could be.