Thread: Kings News: Forbort signed (ELC)
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
I was looking at the prospect list the other day, due to the trade deadline activity, and saw an interesting pattern that I hadn't noticed before. All of our college guys are finishing their junior years - Dowd, Mersch, Forbort, Gravel and Shore - except Lowry who is a sophmore.

The Manchester roster has become depleted over the season due to the NHL CBA resolution (Voynov, Muzzin, King, Nolan), call ups (Toffoli), attrition (Hickey, Clune), "politics" (Prokhorkin) and trades (Loktionov).

With the signing of Forbort and apparently Mersch on the way, maybe Dowd, Gravel and Shore aren't far behind either. Throw in Prokhorkin and Kitsyn and, as others have pointed out, the Monarchs could see a rebirth the next couple of seasons.

If all this is on one of Dean's charts from a couple of years ago .... cue "Twilight Zone" theme music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This is true. In talking to Dean the little that I have he knows the birth year of every young player in the Kings organization, and where he is going to fit 5 or 6 years down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
They're going to be really talented, but having so many first year players is probably going to lead to some struggles as they acclimate to being a professional hockey player and get used to the speed at the AHL-level.

You know full well that there are going to be factors to look at that might not appear on the stat sheet to track the development of the young guys. So you're probably going to end up doing a lot of explaining to folks who are only going to bring up goals, assists, and plus/minus to say a player sucks or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
DL is a mad scientist. He covers every angle of the organization and turned it into a finely tuned machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I didn't even know they could do that but it'll be interesting to see how many minutes/how he plays in Manchester
finally....others are seeing the big picture. it's all part of Dean's big picture, culture and 'right fit'. all the buzz words we've heard now for years.

all those guys he is looking to sign and forego their senior seasons....there is another term for them. the 'next core', these guys are essentially the next core of guys to lead the franchise. as the current core begins to age out, traded away, retires, etc the crop of new guys will take on the roles that guys like Brown, Kopitar, Richards, DD, VV, play for the team today. in 2, 3 and 4 years the 'passing of the torch' will begin to be passed to these guys to carry on the Kings tradition. it's inevitable and just part of the cycle of franchise.

for the first time ever this franchise is totally set when it comes to the immediate and long-term outlook.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote