Thread: Andrei Markov
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
As far as resigning Markov goes, right now I wouldn't do it for the same price but despite clear flaws he's far from finished, so let's see what he looks like when the time arises. This isn't really a question to be asking right now since his contract isn't up. There's no reason he shouldn't be part of our plans in the short term.
Markov has played pretty well all things considered and I believe he has been an overall calming influence on the back end.

Assuming Emelin is done, I'd like to see:

PK-Gorges
Markov-Whiskey
Cube-NB

Going forward this year I think PK is going to have to play 25 -28 minutes per game
Gorges can handle 22+
Keep Markov and Whiskey to 20-22 minutes

I think PK can be double shifted on the PP alternating Markov and NB (Cube can play a shift or 2 also)
Gorges and Whiskey will have to cover the lions share of PK time

Next Year something will have to give, we have.

Markov, PK, Emelin, Gorges, Cube and Diaz signed with Weber RFA (I'm guessing he'll get dealt)(I'm also assuming a Kaberle Buyout). With Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu knocking on the door.

Someones liable to get traded... I don't think Markov would be the one to go, Gorges and Diaz are more likely. They could continue what they've done this year during injuries and let the 3 young guys sub in.... My only real issue with that is having more than 1 rookie D in the lineup. I'd like to see these 3 brought in to the team in successive years. Beaulieu looks to be the most ready.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote