Thread: Igilna avaible?
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2003, 10:10 AM
sluggo*

vCash: 500
Kaberle is useless to us.

I wouldn't call a 25 year old D-man whos able to put up 45+ points a year unless to a team thats in the bottom half of the league in goals for (and only one goal away from being in the bottom 10).

Take a look at the standings. Why in the bloody hell would the Flames trade Iginla for prospects and futures?

Making the playoffs is great, but how far they goin to go? Are the Flames going to beat the powerhoue teams in the west? Then the best team in the east (probably either the Leafs, Senators, Flyers or Devils), of course they aren't, not at this point in time. And the ONLY reason they would trade Igilna (now or later) is because of salary, the Flames can afford to pay him the 7+ million he'll be making. And they would take a prospect (or at least Steen) because hes the same age as the other young fowards the Flames in their system and on their team and would completement they very well (ie - playmaker with scorers).

It is about as stupid as the Leafs trading Sundin for draft picks.

If there was pretty much no chance the Leafs would get out of the first rund and/or had a ton of good young playerslike the Flames, I'd be all for trading Sundin for picks and/or prospects, it all depends on situations.

Like I said, try a real package

Sure, once you get a season of reality about the Flames and their situation