View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
So what you're saying is that you believe that the posters that participated in this list were too stupid or too blind to take when a player played into consideration when the list was being done?

I think you should actually prove that this is as big of a factor as you like to make it out to be in the other thread first and THEN you could use it here.

But that's just my opinion.
One of the posters and participants in this top 60 thread and project stated that he treated all eras as the same and there were quite a few that were involved in the ATD project that doesn't really seem to account for era but the ATD is structured more as a game, than a historical document or list, so maybe that perspective flowed over to the project, you would have to ask them about it.

I think the "historical" nature of the project made the outcome very predetermined with the way the actual lists went.

The Zubov, Vasiliev,Savard example is an indication of that and others have noted that the early 70's has a higher amount of players in the top 60 project than one might expect over a period of 100 years.

Part of the problem as I see it, is that we are still in the early stages of the fully integrated league, since around 95, and as more time passes we might get a different perspective on things. Or maybe not who knows.

One thing I do know it that it becomes increasingly more difficult to compare players that no one has ever seen play, like Hod Stuart to players that most everyone in the project has seen on multiple occasions, like Bourque or Lidstrom.

The top 60 project ended up with a consensus list that pretty much everyone would ahve slightly differently but it's a process worth doing and I look forward to the top C and wingers list as well and I will be more prepared for the next projects than I was for the Dman one..

I won't respond to the beginning of your post as it's probably more appropriate for a mod to do so.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote