View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

The youth movement up front went rather well in my opinion. I can't see playing all three being any worse of a decision than playing SOB/Hunwick/Zanon regularly.

Siemens > Zanon, Elliott > Hunwick, Jones > SOB, even if all three were to be put on our blue line tomorrow night that would remain accurate.

I think it makes sense to move one of those three bottom pairing guys, let Siemens and Elliott start out 20 games in the AHL and then make a decision around the quarter mark. It also depends on what, if any moves we make this offseason. Signing Streit, change of coaches, moving Staz, etc.

We could have 4 new defenders on the blueline next season for all we know.
If they earn spots in camp, I think they should play. The problem is that you build a team in July and camp is in September. You can't gamble on all of them being ready.

Billington, Pracey and so on will have a good idea of how ready players are so it's not like you go into July blind. If they feel Siemens is NHL ready with 90% certainty, they you give him a spot in summer and if he crashes and burns you find another solution.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote