View Single Post
04-07-2013, 08:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Wasn't Popov actually a highly ranked guy who dropped to the 7th round because of the Russian factor/unwillingness to come to US?

The final CSS rankings for Eu. skaters lists Bodrov at 65th. I can't fathom Bodrov having a lot of pre-draft hype, and surely by 2008 I don't think there was a lot to go on with limited RSL reports to increase his stock all that much, though I was always rooting for him to make it. I could be wrong though.

Looking back at the Flyer's draft though, and BCF16's lineup prediction, the most absurd thing is the percentage of guys from each draft that are predicted to be on the lineup (and I don't mean any disrespect to him, I respect his opinions):

2006: Giroux, Bodrov, Matsumoto, Lehtivuori (4 out of 10 picks)
2007: JVR, Marshall, Kempe, Kalinski, Maroon (5 out of 7 picks)
2008: Sbisa, Bourdon, Deserres, Rinaldo, Eriksson (5 out of 5 picks)

14 out of 22 picks total, which would amount to a 64% draft efficiency in three years. Though I am sure it was one of the less egregious predictions from that thread!
Yeah Popov fell because of Russian factor.
I remember halfway through a season Bodrov joined the Phantoms and instantly became one of the best defenseman on the team. He was slotted into the big clubs second pairing for the next season but something to do with his wife sent him home. Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to argue if I could find the story I'd post it.