Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
SolidusAKA

vCash: 500
I dont want to sound crazy, but I actually really like seeing our young guys do well so Im not too worried about where we pick because there is a lot of really good players in AND near the top 10 (maybe even top 20). I think we just keep getting bogged down in the semi slowness of how this team is coming back into form. I think we should all have hope though. We have pulled some awesome talent from out of no where that, to me, makes up for a top 5 pick (i.e. Dillon, Chiasson, Stransky, Roussell, Ritchie among the surprises). Basically any of Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Bakrov, Lindholm, Monahan, Nichushkin, Ristolainen, Pulock, Gauthier, Bowey, Horvat, Mantha (And thats just of the guys Ive taken looks at) I'd be cool with. I know its always way more fun to pick higher and we havent picked that high since like 1996, but I think we have built our future off of awesome pick ups and keener eyes than most teams. Not to say we are elite or anything just yet, but im not too worried especially since we our building an awesome young core that has some of the best character Ive seen on Dallas in a long ****ing time. This board has getting a bit too schizophrenic lately haha At the end of the day, we can just buy super star UFA's like minni did and we will already have the awesome core for them to be built around + benn, eriksson, lehtonen, etc (big stars like no taxes right?)

I gotta find better places to post my rants