View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 11:42 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
This is so sad. We're now pretty much out of playoff contention.

I know, I know...it's what I should expect with the injuries we've had and the players we've had to make do with. But what can I say? Being a fan means being a little bit emotional and irrational. I had basically accepted that we weren't going to make the playoffs after yesterday's loss, but then we go and grab a 3rd period lead and the first thing I do is check the standings and start calculating where we'll be if we win, what the rest of our schedule looks like, what needs to happen for us to make it in....aaaand then we go and give up the lead and then some in less than a minute. Damn.

Seems like the story of the Preds this season: from the outset you knew we were less talented and would have a harder time making the playoffs. But hey, anything is possible in the NHL, so you have a little bit of hope. Then we actually win some games, get in good position, and you start feeling really hopeful. Then we drop a bunch of games and you're just like....welp, nevermind. They are who we thought they were.

It's just sad. All you can really ask for as a fan is to be playing meaningful games the whole season. We've been spoiled with that for many years now; this will be the first time in a long time where the end-of-season games really don't mean much. Even in 2008-2009, we only missed 8th by 3 points, so there was still some excitement to the final games. This will really be the first time since 2002-03 that we've been way out of it at this point in the year. Sad.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote