View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 11:53 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
We've been doing it for almost 30 years now. It started in the '85 playoffs against the Edmonton Oilers as a way to try to get our team's blood pumping through their veins when they came to Chicago Stadium down 2-0. We have 2 vets from the armed forces honored each game, and every one of them that have been interviewed has stated that they love the cheering that goes on during the national anthem.

It sends shivers down one's spine...It climaxed during the 2010 Stanley Cup Final (I went to game 5, and the building was shaking)...You should come to Chicago and experience it here sometime!
I went to Chicago last year and I must say, it was pretty cool to hear everyone so pumped before the game even started...but I'm still not sure how I feel about it being during the Anthem.

That being said, when it comes to Hawks fans doing it in other people's barns, nobody cares what the history is or if your players or your fans or your veterans in Chicago like it. WE don't like it, it's our barn, so shut up. That's how the vast majority of Nashville fans feel, I think.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote