View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Lifeline

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The problem with Cammalleri is twofold. For one, his cap hit of 6M is awfully high for a season where the cap goes down by 6M. Secondly, his actual salary of 7M will put off a lot of potential buyers as well.

Now, if the Flames were willing to retain some of his salary, they might be able to garner a first. But if they weren't willing to do it with Bouwmeester, they won't do it with Cammalleri.

If any of Weiss, Ribeiro or Roy come to Calgary, I'll be surprised if it's for less than 6M per season. The only way they might be is if the contract's for 6 or more years. The Flames, as an organization just about to enter the beginning of what could be a lengthy rebuild, won't be an attractive destination for any quality free agents. The only thing they can offer is money, which they'll have to offer a lot of to convince free agents with options to come here.
I do agree with you, but what do you think Cammaleri could fetch if some salary is withheld? Is a 2013 late first round pick and a b prospect too much or a mid 2013 first round pick to much? What would need to be added if anything? I'm just curious so I can make better proposals in the future.

Lifeline is offline   Reply With Quote