View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 11:27 PM
NYRCSKA*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Wrong side of 30? Someone like Iginla or Sullivan is on the wrong side of 30. Having just turned 32 years old is not being on the wrong side of 30. That's called early 30s. Some players put up their best seasons in their early to mid 30s. The problem with Marian is groin/shoulder problems which made him lose some of his speed and shot. He is still deadly with the puck.
Gaborik's problem isn't his age, it's his shoulder. Rotator cuff surgery is hit or miss. It might fix the tear, but there is always a large risk you will never have good shoulder mobility again. His shot has been lacking, which I assume is a direct result of the surgery. All of his goals have come from breakaways or passes in which he wristed the puck into a wide open net. He no longer possesses a deadly shot. It sucks, but that's sports for you. He can be an effective player if he works hard, but I doubt he'll ever hit 40 goals again. i think 20-25 is what you can expect from him in an 82 game season from here on out. In all honesty, people expect athletes to come back from these injuries far too soon. You see it frequently with ACL tears especially. Those things take 2 years to completely get back to form after surgery. Rotator cuff injuries would be a 9 month to a year recovery process for anyone but a professional athlete. Generally if a baseball player gets the injury, not only are they gone for that season, but the next season as well.

NYRCSKA* is offline   Reply With Quote