vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
How am i trashing Couturier?

Is he slow? Yes
Is he having a regression this season? Yes
Is his point total unimpressive? Yes
Does he have the 3rd worst plus/minus on the Flyers? Yes

Is he a star in the making? Judging from the above - no. But he's young and has years of development ahead of him. I just don't see him becoming an elite player. I don't see the offensive potential in his game. I think he will be a very good defensive centerman. But that doesn't warrant the type of lavish praise that Flyer fans shower him with.

Galchenyuk has played very sheltered minutes by design. The Habs have depth on all lines and have had incredible success. They don't need to overplay Galchenyuk and they don't depend on his production. They just want to bring him up slowly and properly without undue pressures that come with playing in Montreal.

But this thread is more a comparison of Couturier to the OP's offer. The Habs would be idiotic to make a trade for a guy they don't need in a position of strength (Center).

Finally, Flyer fans have to come to terms with the fact that Couturier + will not land you an elite PMD (or a #1 PMD or a young up and coming #1 PMD). The likes of Pieterangelo, Subban, OEL etc. will never be made available. These types of players are untouchable.
How do you know Couts won't land us a first rate young d man? What nonsense! If Couts continues to develope into a potential star, yes he could get us a first rate d man....Granted he may not...but the potential is there! It is no accident that a myriad of teams have asked the Flyers about him....your being a homer plain and simple!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote