Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Stefan Elliott recalled
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 01:03 AM
avs1dacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
And now Elliott and Barrie aren't the same players? Small, puck-moving offensive defenseman who will be looked upon to quarterback a powerplay? I'm not talking skill-set here, obviously Elliott looks faster and has the better shot while Barrie seems to have grasped the defensive game a bit better, but they are most certainly the same type of player and if we've got Johnson and Jones, why keep both of these guys? Just doesn't make sense to me
Elliott, if he reaches his potential, will be what you said. A smell, puck-moving defenseman who will be looked on to quarterback a powerplay. His defensive game needs some work.

Barrie on the other hand, is a much better two way defenseman that won't completely be relied on for his offense. He'll end up with fewer points(my guess is a 30-35 guy)but will play a more responsible defensive game.

Saying they're the same is like saying Brian Rafalski and Mike Green are the same. One is a top 4 two way defenseman(Rafalski) while the other is relied on create offense while having defensive deficiencies(Green).

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote