View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
but it is not...he's given us a window with a norris d-man on a caphit of 2.6.....that capspace gives us aan oportunity to bulk up next year....and even though we may sign some ufa's or aquire contracts that extend beyond there....gionta...markov come off the books...so it gives us an excellent...excellent opportunity to win it all next year.....and we're right in the thick of things this year...i applaud everything MB has done
It also means unless Subban has a completely underwhelming season. He'll demand Karlsson money. He might even go higher to make up for taking less, as he has no reason to do us any favors. I guarantee teams will line up to offer sheet him if we attempted the hardball strategy again, and they won't shy away from $7-8 Million.

If MB gets Subban signed for $6M or less, it's a genius. If not, this was a mistaken, but nothing overly bad per se.

As for Emelin. Just call up Tinordi or Beaulieu and considered it done. Despite the going impression here, Emelin is not a stable on the roster and can be replaced. I love the guy, but to be honest, he has been rather sluggish and a mess defensively the last few games. I have no qualms giving either of the aforementioned rookies an opportunity to shine, although I favor Beaulieu.

Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 04-08-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote