View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 12:48 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
And since all those defenseman you listed there has been an amazing run of defenders chosen in the top 10.

Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo, L. Schenn (to a point), Hedman and Ekman-Larsson have all lived up to their lofty draft positions.

Eric Gudbranson, Dylan McIlrath, Adam Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Jared Cown and Jonas Brodin are all looking like they will as well.

Which by the way is every single defenseman picked in the top 10 between 2008 & 2011. I am ignoring the 2012 draft because I know you will agree it is way too soon to judge them. So when the worst defensemen picked in the top 10 from 2008 to 2011 are Luke Schenn, Jared Cowen and Dylan McIlrath it makes me alot less hesitant to choose defensemen at the top of the draft.
To soon for all of them except for Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo. But OEL and Brodin have looked amazing. I am not saying it isn't possible to have great defensemen from the top 10 my point was all the ones I listed and been seen at the time as the next elite defenseman. Most you listed proved my point you can get great defenseman not at 1.

Its not an exact science of course but I am just leery of defenseman that are seen as the next great ones as most top defenseman end up breaking out after their draft, Karlsson/Subban/Keith/Letang etc.