Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 03:25 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
I'm not too worried, if they didn't feel they could play, they would have said so, like Du Bois and Hirschi.

Regarding the roster changes, no surprise to see Guerra and Mercier out, but I'll never understand what Simpson finds so special about Chiesa and especially Helbling. Pestoni out too, and Monnet, Cunti, Trachsler and Suri added. One week of rest for Ambühl and Romy. I would have liked to see Martschini here.

Any thought about the games against Russia? I thought the goalies, especially Berra, did well, and the defense was strong. The newcomers did their job well, Vauclair was perfect in the role of the veteran leader, Grossmann showed he should be ready to finally make the team, and strong offensive presence by Blum. On the other hand, I think Von Gunten can do better, although he wasn't bad by any mean.

Among forwards, Hollenstein and Bieber were the best. Walker and Simek worked very hard, but I felt they couldn't get as much done as they would have wanted. I think they'll be more comfortable in another role once the team is deeper.

Now hopefully Plüss, Rüthemann, Vermin, Bykov and maybe Jeannin all join the training camp, and there's no bad surprise regarding Romy and Ambühl. Still hoping for Bärtschi and Niederreiter, and maybe a miracle run by Detroit makes Brunner available .

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote