View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 08:19 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
We've been doing it for almost 30 years now. It started in the '85 playoffs against the Edmonton Oilers as a way to try to get our team's blood pumping through their veins when they came to Chicago Stadium down 2-0. We have 2 vets from the armed forces honored each game, and every one of them that have been interviewed has stated that they love the cheering that goes on during the national anthem.

It sends shivers down one's spine...It climaxed during the 2010 Stanley Cup Final (I went to game 5, and the building was shaking)...You should come to Chicago and experience it here sometime!
Well, I went to school in Chicago, and lived there before Nashville. Been to plenty of Bulls/Hawks/Cubs & Sox (yes, both - I'm a sports fan, not one of the teams) games, and as an American, who learned proper respect for our countries traditions, our flag, etc., it is EMBARRASSING to be in the midst of those who don't know, or care to show, proper respect in public for our nation. You're suggesting it's a "choice"; it's not - hats off, hand over heart, salute if you're in uniform, etc. Period.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote