View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 08:44 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I'm not too worried, if they didn't feel they could play, they would have said so, like Du Bois and Hirschi.

Regarding the roster changes, no surprise to see Guerra and Mercier out, but I'll never understand what Simpson finds so special about Chiesa and especially Helbling. Pestoni out too, and Monnet, Cunti, Trachsler and Suri added. One week of rest for Ambühl and Romy. I would have liked to see Martschini here.

Any thought about the games against Russia? I thought the goalies, especially Berra, did well, and the defense was strong. The newcomers did their job well, Vauclair was perfect in the role of the veteran leader, Grossmann showed he should be ready to finally make the team, and strong offensive presence by Blum. On the other hand, I think Von Gunten can do better, although he wasn't bad by any mean.

Among forwards, Hollenstein and Bieber were the best. Walker and Simek worked very hard, but I felt they couldn't get as much done as they would have wanted. I think they'll be more comfortable in another role once the team is deeper.

Now hopefully Plüss, Rüthemann, Vermin, Bykov and maybe Jeannin all join the training camp, and there's no bad surprise regarding Romy and Ambühl. Still hoping for Bärtschi and Niederreiter, and maybe a miracle run by Detroit makes Brunner available .
As you said, the goaltending (Berra was outstanding!) and the defense looked pretty good, but the offense was rather "meh". Not bad by any means, but there sure is still a lot of room for improvement.

The guys you named should improve that tremendously. But what really bugs me is that Sprunger, Wick and Moser can't be used. They would have been a major addition, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Bärtschi, Nino and Josi would be nice additions from NA.
Brunner may be very tired, good possibility that he'd decline even if he's available.

I just saw the game in Winterthur, I think it was solid. Grossmann is showing some progress, indeed, Schlumpf surprised me. I remember him from the IHWC some years ago and he passed quite a few teammates from them on the Swiss depth chart (Trutmann for example).
This is what I think is going to happen, too. Brunner had a tough season, so it wouldn't be a major surprise.

At the moment we are looking at this (correct me if I'm wrong or I forgot someone):
((likely), (unlikely) and (very unlikely) only mark the possibility that they can/want to play for the National Team, not if they will/should be added)

Forwards:
In camp:
Matthias Bieber, Simon Bodenmann, Dario Bürgler, Luca Cunti, Denis Hollenstein, Thibaut Monnet, Emanuel Peter, Thomas Rüfenacht, Gregory Sciaroni, Juraj Simek, Victor Stancescu, Reto Suri, Morris Trachsler, Julian Walker

Possible additions:
Sven Bärtschi (likely)
Nino Niederreiter (likely)
Damien Brunner (unlikely)
Andres Ambühl (likely)
Kevin Romy (likely)
Martin Plüss (likely)
Ivo Rüthemann (likely)
Joël Vermin (likely)
Andrey Bykov (likely)
Sandy Jeannin (likely)

Defensemen:
In camp:
Alessandro Chiesa, Eric Blum, Robin Grossmann, Timo Helbling, Tim Ramholt, Dominik Schlumpf, Julien Vauclair, Patrick von Gunten

Possible additions:
Roman Josi (likely)
Mark Streit (unlikely)
Raphael Diaz (unlikely)
Yannick Weber (likely)
Luca Sbisa (very unlikely)
Mathias Seger (likely)
Severin Blindenbacher (likely)

Goaltenders:
In camp:
Reto Berra, Martin Gerber, Tobias Stephan

Possible additions:
None (Possibly Hiller, but the probability is very, very, VERY low)

Lines (just a wild guess, I'm terribad at that):

Best case
Sven Bärtschi - Andrey Bykov - Damien Brunner
Nino Niederreiter - Luca Cunti - Dario Bürgler
Ivo Rüthemann - Martin Plüss - Joël Vermin
Joël Vermin - Kevin Romy - Andres Ambühl

Mark Streit - Roman Josi
Raphael Diaz - Luca Sbisa
Mathias Seger - (I have literally no idea, too many options)
(I have literally no idea, too many options)

Reto Berra
Martin Gerber
Tobias Stephan

Realistic case
Sven Bärtschi - Andrey Bykov - Dario Bürgler
Ivo Rüthemann - Martin Plüss - Nino Niederreiter
Andres Ambühl - Luca Cunti - Joël Vermin
Joël Vermin - Kevin Romy - Gregory Sciaroni

Mathias Seger - Roman Josi
Eric Blum - Alessandro Chiesa
Patrick von Gunten - Dominik Schlumpf (positively surprised with him)
Robin Grossmann

Reto Berra
Martin Gerber
Tobias Stephan

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote