View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new hockey net for summer outdoor shooting. I want to get one with the backstop included. However I've been reading reviews and a lot of them say how easy the pipes dent with real pucks. Anyone have any experience with them? Which company makes the highest quality one? Or are there homemade ways to reinforce/protect the pipes?

Also, which is the best material for a shooting pad? I've heard of using acrylic or plexiglass, any other suggestions that are cost effective? Thanks in advance!
Check this thread

If you have unlimited money, a real hockey net with a netting backstop is ideal. Paired with a shooting board on a hard surface (like plywood).

If you don't, I thought about the idea of a billboard tarp hung from a wooden frame.

Also, if you are in the Twin Cities, there's a free outdoor shooting area outside the Richfield arena and indoor shooting areas at Bloomington and St Louis Park.

Double also, if you are in the Twin Cities, there's a place that sells billboard tarps on Craigslist for $25. Warning: they smell funny.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote