View Single Post
04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Error 503 Service
vCash: 883
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
So because Emelin was on the ice, it somehow made him a target to get hit and protected Markov? And the fact he's good at absorbing them makes Markov less vulnerable...?

Sorry, I just don't see it. That's grasping at straws. In fact, his turnovers and him getting out of his way/letting his player go made Markov more vulnerable than ever before on a hockey standpoint. He'll be missed, most of all, because he AND Diaz got injured. Once Diaz is back, we'll make up for his loss by commity.
Picture an opposition dumping the puck into the Habs zone. From the games I've watched, much more often than not, Emelin fetches the puck instead of Markov. This lowers the risk for Markov to get a bad hit from fore-checkers. If there was a stat that I can objectively show that Emelin fetches the puck on dump-ins vast majority of the time I'd show it. Unfortunately, it's tough to make an argument based on something someone would have to 'take their word for it'.

I find he is one of the better D on the team that is able to maintain possession of the puck despite being hit along the boards and Markov might miss that and his fetching the puck. Maybe it's me. Can Drewiske do the same? We'll find out soon enough.