View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 12:45 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I'm not usually one to make something out of small occurrences on the bench, but you simply CANNOT be yawning and closing your eyes on the bench while in the midst of a very important game against another team fighting you for a playoff spot. It can't happen. I can appreciate that MAYBE Bryz was tired. If that's the case, you grab some of those smelling salts and wake yourself the hell up, or you go back to the locker-room for a second and grab yourself an energy drink, a power bar, something.

You can't be yawning, closing your eyes, napping, and generally looking totally disinterested in the game and your fellow goaltender/teammate after the pathetic effort you just gave on the ice. It's inexcusable. It doesn't matter how tired he is.

You think people in the real world don't get tired? I sit through hundreds of boring presentations for my job. Sometimes I even have to give part of a presentation and the other sections totally bore me. I suck it up. You won't ever see me yawning in or snoozing in front of a client. EVER. You do something like that, you can kiss your bonus goodbye, assuming you still even have a job. It's downright unprofessional.
At least he's not doing this:

or this