View Single Post
Old
08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500
2005 could be our best draft ever !!

Ok, I know its a bit soon but I were looking at 2005 draft results and I came to the conclusion that 2005 could be our best draft ever, well at least our best draft in those past 30 years...

I wont talk about the players we COULD have pick but the one that we pick. First of all, thanks to the lottery that let us draft 5th overall...

1st round we pick CAREY PRICE. We all know the big talent Carey Price have, he's likely to be number.1 goaltender at next WJC and if it wasnt of Tri-City being a bad team, Price may have better reputation on those boards. I only saw 4 or 6 games of his games but the guy have talent for sure and seems to have a head on his shoulders and that good.
Potential : Franchise goaltender

We made what could be steal of the draft in 2nd round when we trade up to select Quebec-native forward Guillaume Latendresse. Guy miss the cut by a hair at last camp and he's definitely one of our best prospects, maybe the power forward we wait for for years..
Potential : 35 goals scorer power forward

4th round we select Mikus who his, imo, between boom & bust. The fact that he's gonna play in N/A next year (especially near all our coaching, scouting staff in Chicoutimi) is a very good thing. A good season can mean a LOT in his case.
Potential : Too soon to say

Mathieu Aubin he's the 2nd quebecer we select... he have been pick to play in Top Prospect Game in CHL 2 or 3 years ago and do pretty well in the Q... he's a project who may play with Hamilton next year
Potential : 3rd or 4th line centre ?

Matt D'Agostini
I never saw him play but he was named on second all-rookies team at his 1st year at Guelph in the OHL and ends up in top 20 scoring at his 2nd year... I dont know much about him but he look like a small but speedy forward with good defensive skill... Tomas Plekanec anyone ?
Potential : Dont know enough about him to say but look like a very solid pick

Sergei Kostitsyn
Ends up 2nd for rookie of the year award in OHL behind Tavares.. A little spitfire ! I remember seeing him play one or two times and, gosh, he's a little spitfire ! Wicked shot (not as good as his brother one but still), good speed... Big upside !
Potential : Guy have BIG upside for sure.. top 6 guy for sure.

Phillipe Paquet
Well, it's an « extra » round pick (i think its about a compensation given to us for losing langdon to UFA or something) so if he bust it wont be a big lost but he sure look like a solid bottom-pairing guy but his college coach Dan Donato seems REALLY high on the guy.. just look at his talent analysis : http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/philippe_paquet
Potential : A solid mixture of Chris Pronger, Bobby Orr & Andreï Markov.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote