View Single Post
04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I realize all of this. My point is that even big corporations such as Comcast do not like the idea of throwing away tens of millions of dollars. That is bad business. Snyder is the guy Comcast has in charge of making these types of decisions. He has authority to sign off on large deals on the company's behalf.
I totally see what you're saying, but bryzgalovs contract is chump change to a corporation like Comcast. Sure they don't like to shell out cash like that, if they did they wouldn't be where they are, but considering the fact that a buyout doesn't have to be paid in full right away, as there are payment plans, it renders the situation pretty insignificant for them.

If snider reported back to whoever is the higher up at comcast that he reports to and said "we think its in the best interest of the team to buyout Ilya bryzgalov" I highly doubt the conversation would be any more than a swift rationale followed by a click, at which point, snider would adjust his ascot and then go about his business.