View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
we want cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
No question his style of play is more efficient, but I as good as Henke is, I miss the showmanship that Richter brought to the table. I remember as a kid watching him 3-4 feet outside of the crease and snapping that glove in a full split and instantly wishing I could do that. He was someone I idolized as a young goalie who never embraced the "Let me teach you the Profly" era.

Good points. Richter has some truly iconic saves. Don't get me wrong, Lundqvist has a few of his own, but they just don't stand out in my head like some of Mike's do.
I mean, that fact in and of itself is somewhat derivative of style. Henrik's greatest strengths are his positioning and his ability to read plays. Because he's almost always in the best position to make a save, he seldom has to make a truly spectacular one, and even when he does, they aren't usually of the "fly across the net and get it by half an inch" sort. He's basically the antithesis of the Hasek/Thomas type, who force(d) themselves to make highlight reel saves with their risky positioning.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote