View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, we need two more top-6 players. I don't like Wingels as a permanent top-6 either. He is fine as a plug-in from time to time but not full-time.

Some Forward related issues in 2013-14:

- We need a replacement for Clowe's spot in the top-6. We talked about getting a speedy, shoot first winger .. now we just need to find one. I agree that Stalberg (Viktor) could fit the bill.

- Do we leave Pavs as the 3rd line center or does he see that as a punishment? If he is part of our long term future we need to make sure he is happy. And he moves up back in the top-6 then we need to find a good 3rd line center.

In theory, Nieto also fits the bill for the first spot (Clowe replacement). Also, Hertl could be a good Pavs replacement on the 3rd line if we do need to move Pavs back to the top-6. Hoping one of those two can actually play next year. Would make our life lot easier.

I hate the thought of trading Boyle but I don't really know who else we can give up.

Marleau has a NTC.
Jumbo is too valuable (unless we go full re-build ) and also has a NTC.
Havlat maybe .. but we are already short on top-6 players. He also has a NTC.
We can trade Demers/Braun for a possible top-6 but that doesn't help with the CAP.

Man thinking about next season gives me a headache.

Lets just blow it up .. atleast that way I won't have any expectations for atleast 2-3 years ...
I'm tired of people saying they are concerned if Pavs is happy or not. Have you been keeping track of his ice time? He regularly is in the tops of leading forwards for ice time. Yesterday he had more than any other forward - 23:15 - that's more than anyone on the TEAM.