View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Nicky Santoro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
And that has what to do with the demographics of the NBA audience?
lets not get too sensitive here about race.. but whether we like it or not, i'm not saying all, but a very big percentage of those 1/3rd non whites don't watch hockey. for the last 2 weeks, i have been looking in the stands during games, and i swear, it is so rare i see a non white. Hockey is basically a very white sport.

that is why NHL will NEVER surpass the NBA. not only because it's only played in a portion of the U.S and basketball is played everywhere.. but because it's going to be tough to overcome the extra 1/3rd of non whites who prefer basketball. hockey is playing short handed.

also, i bet if we took a poll in only the north east states, or where there is cold winters, i bet hockey destroys basketball in liking the sport more. Philly, Boston, Washington, Chicago, Minnesota, and Detroit. Those cities is where hockey has bigger ratings than their basketball team. And i'm not even including PIT, BUF, STL who don't have an NBA team, who are doing good in the ratings. So that proves that hockey is bigger in cold states than basketball in the U.S. And all those states have a lot of non whites, so once again, hockey is still playing shorthanded to basketball, and hockey still beats them.