View Single Post
Old
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
AlbertaHockey20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Gerbrandt plays like a lot of Jr. A kids I agree... plenty of heart and fire... lethal with time space and a lane... but you don't get those things easily in major junior and he does not have the speed to create them on his own... you wonder how many points he gets this year on another team where he is not the shooter by default

I hope he plays as long as possible because he has a lot of try... you like to see kids like that rewarded with long healthy careers that let them enjoy the game... the WHL draft age I think breeds a lot of egos at a time in your life and career when you should be about your team and development... not draft position... they start thinking about this at age 12 for goodness sake... not as bad as the way it was before '90... but still silly
A kid like him gets a lot better over time. The work ethic you mentioned is already showing in his development curve. He is getting better faster than most of his peers. This is a character attribute that smart scouts look at. His ceiling might be higher than you think. I'd also note that he played well against the tougher teams and has about average size, so that shouldn't work against him.

AlbertaHockey20 is offline   Reply With Quote