View Single Post
Old
12-28-2003, 02:55 PM
G Man 77

vCash: 500
World Juniors Canada... bleah

This year's edition is the perfect model for why hockey is dying... BORING as hell.

It's all about size, system, cycling, wearing the opposition down.

ZERO offense off the rush, expect for Crosby, the only interesting player to watch on the whole team offensively.
No pretty passing plays either, the Swiss provided a better offensive show for god sakes with some good rushes and some nice passing plays... hell I saw some CREATIVENESS there.

In past years I've always looked forward to this WJHC because the games were so much more creative, exciting, talent filled.
But this year they've left a lot of top scorers at home, so they could play this boring yet effective hockey instead.

They've ruined my holidays.. instead of being saved from Habs-Carolina type games I now have a double dose.
Bleah.

I wish Canada would be allowed to send a 2nd team with the the actually best players instead of the biggest lineup they could find... they might not win it all but they'd be a hell of a lot more exciting to watch.

Corey Locke wasn't even invited to camp, as a few other top scorers around the leagues... not even invited to camp.