3. Del Zotto
4. Moore
5. Skjei

Right side defense:

1. Girardi
2. Stralman
3. Eminger
4. McIlrath

The obvious strength is on the left side. 1) If Staal were healthy would Moore be even slotted in to the lineup? 2) Are there enough minutes to go around to all of Staal, McDonagh and Del Zotto on the left side let alone Moore? There's an obvious glut here--not on the right side and unless you believe that one of the top three could be just as comfortable on the right side as the left side it would be IMO crazy to be moving Girardi. I like Stralman but I don't like the idea of him as a top pairing guy or Eminger as No. 2. The Rangers would have to find a replacement for Girardi and who out there is going to trade us a top right defenseman for cheap or even if that player is a free agent he's not coming cheap.

To me if we're moving a d-man for something substantial the obvious candidates are Staal or Del Zotto. First because they'd bring back something more substantial than Girardi would and second because we have a glut of left side defenseman and not enough ice time to keep them all satisfied.