View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Where did I say Bergeron sucked? Still, there's a difference between being a fine two-way player and being a starter at C, probably the deepest position on the best hockey team in the world. This was a WTF pick then, and odds are Bergeron will not be a starter this time. Too many better guys out there.

Come and tell me he deserves to start before Stamkos, Tavares, Toews, Thornton, Staal and Getzlaf.
You're spewing names like dandelion spores. Personally, I'd rather have (Patrice) Bergeron on the Habs than (Joe) Thornton, (Eric) Staal, or Getzlaf. I had a hunch that even the addition of Jagr to the Bruins roster wouldn't fully compensate for his absence last Saturday. In the Soviet-Canada series of 1972 the indispensable player proved to be Paul Henderson rather than several more celebrated stars. Apparently you lack sufficient appreciation of Bergeron. He's great defensively and perhaps the best faceoff man in the NHL. A number of teams that'll compete at Sochi are capable of scoring when they have puck possession, but surely you already know that.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote