View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Announce team who wins, then announce how many GM's voted for each team in x number of games. For example:

Team A wins

3 GM's had Team A in 5 games
8 GM's had Team A in 6 games
11 GM's had Team A in 7 games
4 GM's had Team B in 7 games
4 GM's had Team B in 6 games

This way the results are kept anonymous, and there is more information about how each team is perceived.
I think this is a good idea. I wish we had spoiler tags here that could be used to hide the results for those who don't want to see them, because I do agree that it breaks the illusion somewhat. I would suggest that instead of posting the voting results in the actual draft thread, we post them here, in this thread. GM's who don't want to know can simply avoid the posts with all the results in them.

I will post the results for the Jim Coleman conference in as terse a form as I can. Something like this:

# Games Team A Team B
4 0 1
5 3 2
6 6 3
7 12 14

It gives all the information without wasting a lot of time or space, and is dense enough that those who do not wish to really see the results can pass over it without clearly understanding what the table means.

The other pro of posting this information is that is may further the discussion on what standards we should use to determine in how many games the winners advance. I have never been really happy with how that is determined, and posting the voting results will at least put the data out there so everybody can give their opinion about how it should be handled.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote