Thread: Player Discussion: Cory Schneider -- Our Saviour
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 02:00 AM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'm happy Schneider's doing well and hope he is the guy that will lead us to a Cup but we don't need to take shots at Luongo or make stuff up to further the point.

Let's look at their resumes:
Luongo
-NHL - lost in finals (I'd say still team MVP in the playoffs though)
-Olympic Gold medallist
-World Championship Gold x 2
-World Cup champion (played semis due to Brodeur injury, but not finals)
- World Juniors - lost in finals despite standing on his head (named to tournament team)
-QMJHL title x 2

Schneider
-NHL - left a playoff game due to stress (against Chicago), played well in 3 games last year but lost 2 out of 3.
-AHL - lost in finals
-College - lost in finals
-World Junior Championships - lost in semis and then lost bronze despite being favored pre-tournament (Kessel, Ryan, both Johnsons)
-High school - never made it past semis

I'd argue in all except the WJC that Schneider played quite well but Luongo certainly has a better history of winning. There is no evidence that shows that Schneider plays better when games matter, as a matter of fact, despite making it to the finals or near the finals at many levels, he's barely won anything at all.
Quick didn't have that impressive a resume either and we all know how that turned out (Cup win and Conn Smythe). Schneider just needs the chance to carry the load in the playoffs. He got only his first opportunity just last year.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote