Thread: Player Discussion: Cory Schneider -- Our Saviour
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Whale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
I have the utmost respect for Luongo and ultimately wish he could stamp his Canuck resume with a Stanley Cup win but he had his chances and, for several reasons other than his own play, couldn't get it done. The Canucks found themselves in the unique position of having not just a good goalie, but a great goalie, come through the system and play too well in his limited stints to be ignored. If Schneider wasn't simply this good, I think the Canucks would have shipped him off by now and continued on with Luongo in net for the duration of his contract.

Is there a hint of concern about Schneider's lack of experience? Yes, but I think most Canucks fans, like the organization, have accepted the fact that there's a new face of the Canucks net now and that he has to be given his chance. In short, it doesn't matter if there are risks. It's Schneider's time now, like it or not.
And a short time it will likely be... even he can't win games when his team scores no goals, but he will get blamed, and leave as a UFA...

I like Cory, and he may just be the goalie when this team gets it done, but I have been a fan since 82, so I am not holding my breath... my biggest nightmare is that in four years we have to start rebuilding and spend 5-6 years searching for a new #1 because of short sighted asset management, and wait another decade to get back to where we are now.

If that happens I will probably just throw in the towel and stop following hockey all together to be honest.

Whale is offline   Reply With Quote