Old
04-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Crosby87Bennett19fan
Ellerby fan too!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
What happens to Ellerbyfan4?

Name change or do we lose her to the LA KINGS in the trade too??

This is a bit of a SHCKER trade, hockey is a business and a 5th round is better than nothing. Theres been tons of gems found after the 4th round. As most have stated, nobody is willing to take on Kuba's contract.

I liked the grit Ellerby brought this year with a couple fights but maybe he was unhappy with the amount of minutes he was playing?? You never know whats going on behind the scenes. We need Kuba, Weaver and Jovo for veteran leadership, they may not impress everyone all the time but theyre mentors when it comes down to it.

This moves gives Robak or Petrovic an opportunity and I remember hearing Dineen say he was impressed with Petro. Robak has alredy seen NHL game action so why not let these two get a "chance" which Ellerby had numerous times.

Wish him well in LA, I'm surprised with the trade but not upset about it, I feel Tallon could have haggled for a 4th but maybe we see a deal with LA at the deadline in April?? You scratch my back and ill stratch yours kinda deal......

I also noticed Rob Scuderi is a UFA this year. Kuba for Scuderi.
u pretty much lost me in tht trade too. however i pop in with my 2sense on the panthers boards occasionally.

Crosby87Bennett19fan is offline   Reply With Quote