View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 10:32 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn
Wait, who said Bourque or Beck can be top line players?
I believe it was deanwormer in post #43

Context, dude. The point was everyone is looking to find that "stud" to come here and counter Marty's attitude. My point was the we need to let our kids skate, give them increased role and responsibility, and quit going with Leggy, Fish, SK, Horny, etc. Focus on finding out how good Wilson can transition to #1C, focus on letting the kids play bigger minutes, focus on finding out if Smith can play Center, etc. THAT would show that we're heading in the right direction, similar to what Gaborik decided about CBUS.

I just don't see what good it's gonna' do to skate Wilson with Horny and SK (or whomever) as his linemates; maybe Leggy, but otherwise, there isn't anyone else who is close to top line or the right set of complimentary skills. Maybe we get that guy in a trade for Blum or Ellis and SK or Horny - that'd be great, but we're sure not gonna' attract the stud FA we want if we continue to over-rely on guys skating up a line too far; just go with the kids and find out what they're made of.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote