View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 09:36 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
This is entirely subjective, sadly. The number of games played is not. You may be right, but there is no way to prove it.

Let's face it; there is the possibility that for some teams and some players, this year might be an anomaly. I doubt it's the case for the Habs, tho.
You don't seem to understand.

It's a shortened season for everyone, they are all on the same playing field. It isn't like we're taking 40 games of Subban playing like the best defenseman in the league and comparing it to others who have played well over an 82 span. We're not comparing goalies, everyone is playing the same number of games (unless injured). I couldn't care any less about the previous years, we're talking about this season.

Or how about this then. Let's just cancel the season, since every trophy is tarnished including the Stanley Cup. The playoffs will be extremely boring this year, since no one is going to want it. I hear most teams are uing this season as an exhebition for next year, when it really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I agree, throphies aren't awarded to compare the best players from different seasons, they're given to honour the best player of THAT season.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote