View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
There was a lot going on before he asked for a trade (if he actually did so). Kundratek had wanted to turn pro before his final junior year, and the organization convinced him that he was not ready and there would be a spot for him if he played another year in the pros. He was very anxious to be in the Rangers' organization and so he agreed (if I remember correctly over his agent's objection). Then when Kundratek played in Connecticut, it did not seem to me that he was getting the development attention he should have gotten (considering that he was a very good foot soldier all the way along the way). I really have not confirmed that he asked for a trade. I do know that the trade was a mistake--whether Kundratek actually becomes a very good D or not, the Rangers did not get enough for him and he has/had a lot of potential.
That is true, he was not playing top 6 minutes.

Below is his version of events but I we have not read the Rangers version.

Quote:
“I was asking for a trade because it was kind of a tough position in New York and Hartford,” Kundratek said Thursday. “I was so excited when I heard I got traded to Washington here, and I’m looking forward to be here.”

The native of the Czech Republic said playing time was hard to come by on a Connecticut blue line featuring exiled NHL veteran Wade Redden.

“It was tough to get in to play in the top six defense,” Kundratek said. “I was a healthy scratch for five games.”
I completely agree that the trade was mistake.

To get back to the other draft picks. the Stepan pick is looking like a master stroke. I wonder where he'd have been picked if there was a redo, top 10?

I am still on board with the DZ pick. As a 22 year old he has shown great progress. He still has few hiccups to clean up, but consistency is the toughest nut to crack, but he'll get there.

Thanks for the leg work as always Leslie, looking forward to your next article.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote