View Single Post
Old
04-09-2013, 09:52 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLeitner View Post
THIS. I always felt he'd be more comfortable as a winger than a pivot, plus it would save us from having to see the same "skate up the boards with the puck, stop at the top of the circle, spin, attempt a centering pass, begin an odd man rush for the other team" move that he does every time.

He's unconscious when he shoots, he overthinks things when he has to distribute the puck.

/nice to see him sticking up for Marty in that last Caps game though.
I think with Stamkos, he needs to work on changing his speeds and not constantly work in one gear to attack the opposition. He has become too predictable and lacks variety to his offensive game. He could stand to shoot more on the rush, opposed to circling behind the net and eventually turning the puck over. I can't remember him scoring once off the rush this year with a little deke and a quick release.

This article, to me, could serve as a basis for Stammer to evolve his game as well:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=664815

Quote:
The problem is Ovechkin eventually became predictable and far easier to shut down. Opposing defensemen knew he wasn't going to give the puck up when he got it on the left wall, but they also knew that if he came with speed, they became vulnerable, so they started to cut him off at the pass, so to speak.

They stopped letting Ovechkin come at them with speed by playing higher in the zone. It prevented him from generating enough power to drive to the net.
Quote:
"Now you have Alex Ovechkin and you don't know where he's coming from and it's not one speed, not that one power move," Button said. "I see Alex being prolific from all over the ice now."