View Single Post
04-09-2013, 09:56 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I prefer to buy stocks when they're rising. Bouchard is really coming back, and playing good hockey for a pretty good Minnesota team.

BTW, I never said I wanted him on the first line.
Bouchard is better than Heatley the way Frans Nielsen's better than Boyes. Bouchard plays 2nd line (usually with Cullen and Setoguchi - not sure how they are working in Pominville now), occasional 2nd PP. Heatley enjoys the Parise-Koivu linemates. Parise's been spectacular in the games I've seen. Minny is a fun team to watch, they aren't the same boring post-expansion team. Bouchard is a pretty smart player, strong on his skates, good passer, good decisions - kinda like a Ray Whitney type (but younger and not as good)

It's not about the numbers. I don't think the Isles need any forwards for next year (I can't believe I just wrote that)

I'm liking the way Nelson/Strome/Nino are developing - I think 1 or 2 have earned a shot and might be ready to deliver.

The kinds of players we need to add, we probably can't get, without dealing 2 or 3 of our top prospects so it might not be worth it. I'd like to see us grab a goalie, if we can.

Nabokov has better numbers than King Henrik this season, and I think he's top five in wins. But we don't have any real options in net besides Nabby. Not yet and not for next year.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote