Thread: Speculation: Value of the MacKinnon Pick
View Single Post
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hahahahahahaha you got yourself a deal. I'd take the pick straight up, or Skinner straight up.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Jones or Drouin over Mackinnon. I just personally would take Mack. If he's still there at #5 or #6, I'd tentatively offer Couture or Burns if that team wanted to make a trade straight up. I think if anything Drouin's skills have a higher translation risk. And as much as I absolutely love Jones, I just wouldn't pick him first because I believe in forwards 1st overall. To be clear, I love Drouin and Jones, I just like Mackinnon a little more. I don't have any insight about it. I just like his style, and admittedly he's the best fit for my team. His speed, hands, north-south game, smarts, he just really doesn't have outstanding flaws. Mackinnon is the victim of over-scouting. Happens. As far as point totals go, Mack has more shots on goal, but less goals than Jo. Just something to keep an eye on.

Couturier dropped because of over-scouting and he's made 4 other teams look foolish. I'm not saying Mack won't drop because I obviously can't see the future, I'm just saying if it were up to me I would take him first.

But I think it's a little silly to say that Drouin's size won't be a hinderance but it will for Mackinnon?
Fair enough in regards to your opinion on Mackinnon. As for the size issue, it's different for Drouin because of his nature, his skating away from the puck and his pure offensive ability. He finds openings in the ice as well as any player under 20. Not to mention those hands dont grow on trees. They are elite.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote